The SASCP annually awards two bursaries of R10 000.00 (ten thousand Rand) to deserving students who study full-time in the broad area of Crop Production (Agronomy / Crop Science) at a South African University.
Applicants are invited to download and complete the application form and submit it, together with the supporting documents listed under Conditions, to the SASCP Secretariat.
Applications close on 15 March annually.
The SASCP reserves the right not to award bursaries if applications do not meet the minimum conditions.
- To be considered for the bursary, a candidate must:
- Be a South African citizen.
- Be registered for a four year or post-graduate degree (not diploma) at an university in the Republic of South Africa during that year.
- Supply their latest university academic records with the completed application form. An average mark of at least 60% during the previous university academic year is required.
- Be registered to study in a major subject related to the general area of Crop Production (Agronomy / Crop Science).
- Submit complete applications, otherwise it will be rejected.
Successful candidates must:
- Send proof of university registration to the SASCP Secretariat before any payment can be made.
- Payment will ONLY be made into the candidates’ student account at the UNIVERSITY.
- Submit official results at the end of the study year to the SASCP Secretariat.